Stanley Register Online -
Here are some places where I spend a lot of time...
The first three I visit every day. There is always something to learn from the discussion boards.
- John Woodson's site is indispensible. 'Nuff said.
The Steam Automobile Club of America
- both modern and antique steam; active regions in the east and west
Steam Car Club of Great Britain
- active group of British and worldwide steam aficionados; owners and drivers of many Stanleys
- region of the aforementioned club - lots of good technical info
- region of the aforementioned club - newsletter archive contains plenty of tech
The Stanley Museum
- home for archives, research, and Stanley family interest beyond cars
Friends of Auburn Heights Preserve
- keepers, maintainers, and operators of the Marshall Collection of Stanley Steamers
The Eckel Family Museum
- Earle S. Eckel was one of the primary early figures in Stanley preservation.
- Robert Wilhelm's fantastic site on his car and on Stanley technology
WARNING - this one will keep you involved for quite a while!
Northwest Steam Society
- steam boats, some very active Stanley owners, and more
The Hoke Family
- late-model Stanley aficionados in Texas
- the restoration of a
beloved British Stanley
; many more photos are
1911 Stanley Steamer
- the restoration of a
car that started as boxes of parts
- the ongoing saga of a
great little roadster
with a long history
National Steam Car Association
- corporation of steam car owners in England, owner and vendor of J. N. Walton material
AACA Steam Car Forum
- occasional discussions of Stanleys
Sites of interest for restoration and supplies...
Barnes Machine Shop
- Machine services, repair, and fabrication of complete cars.
Bourdon Boiler Works
- Boiler and burner fabrication, full restoration - PO Box 55, Woodstock, VT, 802-457-3787
J R Goold Vintage Steam Restorations Ltd.
- Accomplished English Stanley builders, restorers, and part makers
Kendall's Steamcar Repair and Restoration
- Stanley restoration and repairs
The Stanley Shop - full restoration - 225 Main St, Box 141, Wellsville, PA 17635, 717-432-4738
Midwest Coach & Carriage Works
- Custom Coachwork and Wood Accessories for the Stanley Enthusiast
- New reproduction mechanical parts and mechanical overhaul
Heritage Steam Supplies
- UK supplier of consumables for steam machinery
Mike May's Auto Shed
- Steam cylinder oil
Vintage Steam Products, LLC
- Major supplier of consumables and new Stanley parts
Other lists of service and supplies is available at
The Steam Car Club of Great Britain
and some not-quite-Stanley stuff...
White Steamer web site
- Nick Howell's excellent site on the fine and sophisticated White has returned to life!
Includes an outstanding register of known Whites.
- President of
and keeper of a collection of the world's newest steam cars.
- former editor of
The Steam Automobile
, now editor of its successor
The Steam Automobile Bulletin
's publication) - lots of great content
- a modern steamer, but very thoughtful and fascinating to read
- author of an astonishing set of valve gear simulation programs