1914 Type 644 Touring ex Bob Ring
1966 Car Life article
Feb 8, 2007
Quail Lodge auction $748,000
This picture appeared in a magazine, probably True for July 1953, when
the car wa owned by Dr. George E Shafer.
There are indications that Shafer was the original owner.
By 1956 it was owned by Bob Ring, a close friend of Bill Harrah.
Image source Horseless
Carriage Gazette, 1956 Vol 18 No 5
It had more likely-looking wheels, and now even the windshield frame
It is difficult to tell when ownership transferred to Harrah, or if
there was a peiod of joint ownership.
Between 1965 and 1966 Harrah performed a Gold Star restoration on the
car, here pictured in a Life
magazine of October 1966.
Now the wheels were right.
This magnificent automobile has left the country. It now resides
in the Louwman
Museum. Image source - Michel Curi on Flickr